So you’re having twins? Well, congratulations! As they say, when it comes to twins, it’s double the trouble, double the fun! And double the trouble it is if you do not know how to work your way around feeding two babies, burping them, changing their diapers and giving them their bath. Here are 5 things that you should have if you are expecting twins:
- Follow a schedule. Whether it’s about feeding your babies or having them take a bath or putting them to sleep, creating a schedule that you and your babies can follow will allow you to have sometime for a break.
- A housekeeper or someone to assist you with your daily chores. Since you and your husband would have your hands full taking care of the baby, you would need someone to take over the other chores that you would not be able to do. If you are cash-strapped, you can ask for the help of your relatives or close friends.
- Dress and name your twin babies differently. Although similar sounding names and having the same dress can be cute, it can also be quite confusing especially if you’re having identical twins.
- Make sure that you have a two-seater stroller. Better if you can get one where the seats are arranged in such a way that one is in front of the other.
- Stock on a number of swaddle blankets. Aside from keeping your babies warm, they also help them avoid the startle complex. No startle complex, no crying babies. No crying babies, one good night’s sleep for you.
By keeping the following things in mind, you would be able to take care of your little ones without having to tire yourself so much.