As a mom, one of the things that you would need to contend with is diaper rash. Diaper rash is a type of skin irritation caused by constant wetting and drying of the skin combined with exposure to various other irritants, in this case, the diaper. Here are 5 tips to keep in mind to prevent diaper rash:
- Allowing your baby to go diaper-free every now and then is one of the surest ways to prevent diaper rash. Make sure, however, that you can immediately clean up after your baby should he or she pee or poop.
- Go for cloth diapers over disposable ones. Studies have proven that there is an increased incidence of diaper rash when it comes to disposable diapers.
- Make sure that you change your baby’s diapers as soon as it becomes wet or after he or she has had bowel movement.
- Limit your use of soap on baby’s bottoms. Keep in mind that some soaps tend to be quite harsh on baby’s skin. same goes for the detergent that you use when washing your baby’s diaper cloths.
- Lastly, make sure that you put a protective barrier between the diaper and your baby’s bottom. This can easily be achieved with a thin layer of any diaper ointment.
Simply Unique Bay Gifts carry a whole line of diaper cakes that come complete with diaper ointment cream and baby powder to help keep your baby off of diaper rash.