Breastfeeding your baby can be an entirely new experience especially if you are a first-time mom. The good things is, there would be many people who would be willing to give you pieces of advice when it comes to breastfeeding. Unfortunately, not all of this would be true. Here’s some of those that are considered to be myths:
- There really are women who do not produce a lot of milk. In truth, women produce more milk than their babies would need. The problem usually lies in the fact that most babies are unable to latch properly on to their mother’s nipples.
- Breastfeeding hurts. Feeling a bit sore during the first few days of breastfeeding is normal but experiencing that can be considered more than mild is a cause for concern. Oftentimes, this signifies that the baby is not latching on properly or that the mother has some from of yeast infection of the nipples.
- If your baby is experiencing diarrhea or vomiting, you should stop breastfeeding.In truth, breast milk is the only liquid that your baby would need in order to fight off diarrhea. You should, however, stop other food that he or she is taking.
- Breastfeeding could be time-consuming. Of course it would eat up your time but it is also fairly easier than bottle feeding. With breastfeeding, you need not worry anymore about lugging around bottles, warm water, or breast pumps.
- Small breasts mean low milk supply. How much milk a mother is able to supply is not dependent on the size of her breasts.
If you are ready to breast milk your baby, then you should have with you some Simply Unique Baby Gifts’ burp cloths ready to clean up after your baby.